Monday, January 24, 2011

Stockton, CA - Miss San Joaquin and Miss Delta Valley/Central California Regional


Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today was such a fast-paced and adventurous day for me. Before we left to Stockton, I spent my morning looking for a good auto repair shop because my brakes were making loud noises and needed to be replaced. By 9:00am, I had found the perfect place that could have it fixed on the same day! It really made me happy to know I was going to have a fixed car waiting at home for me before leaving to Stockton. Some people may know this, but the past month has been one car repair adventure after the other. On New Years Day, I had a flat tire, the next week I locked my keys in my car when it was running (definitely my fault), the week after I had another flat tire and this week my brakes went out. I am very thankful for AAA and my membership with them. I would really have to take up car classes if it were not for my insurance. Despite all that, I'm still smiling because right now I at least have a car that runs. For now... :)

On our trip to Stockton, my wonderful Executive Director, Michele Moser drove and took Gabino and I down to the program. The drive went by so fast because we were talking the whole time! We actually made it down there an hour early and even had time to snack on some bars before the show.

The Miss San Joaquin County Program awarded four titles including two open titles - Miss Delta Valley and Miss Central California Regional, and two structured titles - Miss San Joaquin County and the first Miss San Joaquin County's Outstanding Teen. A huge congratulations to all of the new titleholders!
Congratulations to my friend Jennifer Humble, Miss Central California Regional 2011 and Overall Interview Award Winner. So happy for you as I was cheering when your name was announced! :)

Congratulations to Taylor-Paige Butler, Miss Delta Valley 2011 who also has one of my favorite talents to watch - the electric guitar! For her talent, she played "Smooth" by Carlos Santana.

Congratulations to Miss San Joaquin County 2011!
Gabino and I
Miss Solano 2010, Miss Sierra Nevada 2011 (Congratulations!) and Miss Alameda County 2010
Shelby, Miss California's Outstanding Teen 2010
Miss Kern County's Outstanding Teen 2011
Speaking on-stage 

With Miss Alameda County 2010 and Miss Solano 2010 during intermission
Tony Moises, Miss Central California Regional 2011 and I
What a great weekend! 

Cheers, 

Sarah








No comments:

Post a Comment