Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sacramento, CA - Miss Sacramento County Scholarship Program

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Miss Sacramento County Scholarship Organization and Executive Director, April Smith always do such a beautiful job with the production of their program and I was excited to attend it for the third time. As much as I look forward to coming to this event, each and every time I get lost getting to Inderkum High School! I remember the first time coming to Sacramento, I was with my mother in 2008 and we were lost for an hour and a half. Luckily we made it toward the end of talent and were still able to see the new titleholder (Brittney Henry, Miss Sacramento County 2008) crowned. Last year I think we were lost for about 15 minutes but made it right at the beginning but this year I was lost for about a half hour. I was so happy when I finally found the parking lot and was on my way into the program. Unfortunately, it is hard to sneak in with a crown on! Next time, I will study a map before I head out the door. A big thank you to everyone in the car with me (my friend Brian, my Tia Rosa and cousin Yvette) for not getting mad at me for my poor sense of direction. 

At the end of the evening, Tiffany Flossman was crowned Miss Sacramento 2011 and did an incredible job on stage. For her talent, she performed "L is for the way you look at me, O is for the only one you'll see, V is very, very extraordinary, E is..." I know you are singing it now! :) It sounded beautiful and I am so excited to see her back at Miss California this year! I know she will do a fabulous job representing Sacramento County. 

I have known Tiffany for the past four or five years and would also love to share a fun memory with you... when I was Miss Napa County 2008, I had the honor of crowning Tiffany as Miss Napa County 2009 and she had to be the funnest person ever to crown considering she and I have a huge height difference! I remember talking to her before crowning and saying if she won she would have to sit on the floor. We kind of practiced just in case before hand and good thing we did! She was a wonderful Miss Napa County and she will be an even more amazing Miss Sacramento County. 

Here are some pictures from the night...
Congratulations to Tiffany Flossman, Miss Sacramento County 2011!
Thank you to Brian for coming to Miss Sacramento County with me! You were such a great chaperone. :)
My beautiful twin Felicia Alvarez and Miss Mission City 2011!
Shelby, Miss California's Outstanding Teen and I
Visiting Titleholders
Gabino, Executive Director of Miss Solano and trainee judge for the night with Miss Bay Area 2010 Lindsay Becker
Candice, one of the wonderful judges for Miss Sacramento County 2011! So excited to meet her!

My Tia Rosa and my cousin Yvette, Miss Solano's Outstanding Teen 2010
Alissa Anderegg, Miss San Jose's Oustanding Teen




Pretending to re-crown Tiffany!
February 2009 - Crowning Tiffany as Miss Napa County 2009. :)
Until next week!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment