Sunday, January 16, 2011

Marinwood, CA - Facepainting at Winter Fest

Hi All!

Last month flew on by me and before I knew it, it had been forever since I have updated my blog. Even though today is January 16th, I am going to back track and create a post for each event that has occurred since the last time I have written.
December 17, 2010

On this Friday, I was invited to paint faces at the Marinwood Community Center at their Annual Winter Fest. It was a such a fun event and I had an amazing time meeting the many children who attended. Being that I had not painted faces in a while since working for Magic Princess where I use to be a performer where I face painted, balloon twisted, performed Magic and Puppet shows every weekend, I was a little nervous. What I love about kids though is not only are they enthusiastic but they are so forgiving and usually always love whatever it is that you paint. Ah, to be a kid! I love their outlook on life. After painting a few faces, I felt really comfortable again and had a great time chatting with all that attended.

Even though I don't think I have a picture of him, my favorite child that I met was Luca Sebastiani (that is his first and middle name). When I met him, he said, "I want to be an alien," and being that aliens are green, I had a fabulous time painting his entire face that color. I have to say, he looked pretty neat and he was very proud of his new alien look. During our face painting adventure, he told me, "my name is Luca, do YOU know how to spell that?" Lucky for me I spelled it correctly and was instantly "cool" in his book. He then told me that his name is "Luca Sebastiani" along with his last name that slipped my mind. He was so intelligent and fun to talk to. What a great person.

A big thank you to Luke Fretwell for inviting me to attend this wonderful event!

After face painting a princess!

A little boy being turned into a Pirate! Argh!
With a volunteer face painter at the Winter Fest!



No comments:

Post a Comment