Monday, January 17, 2011

Kingsvale and Napa, CA - Happy New Years!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Every year, I love to celebrate the New Year by having a really productive day and spending time with my family. On this morning, me and my two best friends Gabino and Danny drove to Kingsvale to go tubing for the day. This is something I had never done before and was excited to try it. Last year I took snowboarding lessons for the first time and realized that is definitely not the sport for me, I could barely stand up! Luckily tubing turned out to be much easier though the lift was broken and we had to walk up the hill each time we wanted to go down the slope. 
On the way home, we were hungry and unfortunately got a flat tire. I think this is my fifth or sixth flat tire for the year. I get them because there are always nails left on the road in front of my house. This time, we ran into a nail on the road. The wait wasn't too bad though since we called AAA and they made it there quickly, changed our tire and we were back on the road sooner than we expected. 

After our snow trip, we made our way back to Napa to spend the New Year with my family. We like to get together, play board games including Taboo, Spoons and Scattergories (we didn't get to that game this year though) of course yell, "Happy New Year" when the clock strikes midnight. 

This year was a bit different because after playing a few games, my family went over to the Red Hen Cantina to support my cousin Carl who was the DJ for their New Years Eve Bash. Almost the whole crowd was my family! My grandparents were there before we arrived and we spent most of the night dancing to the latest music. It was a lot of fun!

Here are a few pictures from the last day of the year...
Gabino and Danny in Kingsvale
Getting ready to go tubing
The lift was broken so we had to walk up the hill
Making a snowball
A little tired, hungry and ready to drive home. This was right before we got a flat tire on the way to eat. Luckily my AAA Membership saved the day and we were up and running sooner than we expected.
Celebrating the new year with my Tia Rosa
My cousin Yvette and I on New Year
Supporting my cousin Carl dj'ing at the Red Hen Cantina
My Grandpa and I on New Years Eve
Happy New Year!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment