Monday, November 29, 2010

San Rafael Parade of Lights

This past weekend was great for many reasons: first - it was Thanksgiving, second - I had Friday off, and third - it was my first appearance as Miss Marin County!

The San Rafael Parade of Lights took place in Downtown San Rafael and included community members, students and holiday characters. It was such an organized parade and so much fun to be a part of. Unfortunately, I was feeling extremely sick with a cold but I still had an amazing time! Luckily I was feeling much better by Sunday just in time for work today. :)
Here is Soila Lopez adding some highlighting color to the signs I made the night before. My mom suggested we add something so they didn't look too plain. Thanks Mom! You always know best.
Here is Soila and I after the sign was all finished being decorated.
Gabino was my driver for the night and his aunt Teresa let us borrow her convertible BMW for the parade. Thank you Teresa for letting us borrow the car! We brought it back safe and sound.
My parents brought my godbrother Steven to the parade to watch. I love his hat! (It's my mom's but she let him borrow it because it was so cold!)
Here was the whole view of the car at the parade! Great weekend and a fun event.

Hooray!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment